Ascension Sims Charter
We, the members of Ascension Sims, have set forth to provide an entertaining gaming atmosphere. Our main and most important goal is to appeal to the online gamer, not the entire simming, or gaming community.
The Administration, Game Masters, and Members are all dedicated to the proposition that all people in the simming world are equal and deserve equal and positive treatment. As a group, we have the following basic goals:
- To supply a fun and safe environment for all our members.
- To provide conditions of friendship and mutual respect for all.
- To ensure an organization that is completely financially free for general membership (excluding a personal home service.)
Article 1: Purpose of Document
- Section 1: To provide everyone, without regard to race, color, ancestry, age, sex, or any other consideration, membership to this group.
- Section 2: To ensure availability of fun, fair and entertaining online games to all members.
- Section 3: To present a gaming forum free from complication, injustice, bias and oppressive and burdening bureaucracy.
- Section 4: To maintain the idea that peaceful cooperation is the basis for continued growth and development of a gaming organization.
Article 2: Government
- Section 1: Ascension Sims' government consists of a single governing body: the Administration.
- Section 2: The Administration has no maximum number of members but currently contains three positions: Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, and Chief Logistics Officer.
- Section 3: The Chief Executive Officer runs the Administration, and has final decision making authority in all situations. The Chief Executive Officer may delegate duties on a case by case basis, through the creation and removal of directorship positions.
- Section 4: The Chief Operating Officer is responsible for the day to day operations of Ascension Sims and serves as the primary point of contact on inner group related matters.
- Section 5: The Chief Logistics Officer is responsible for overseeing Ascension Sims' message boards as well as any active Directors.
- Section 6: Directorships may be established or abolished as the Chief Executive Officer feels necessary. These positions will be listed on the Ascension Sims staff page. These positions are extensions of the Administration's authority, however they are not members of the Administration.
Article 3: Membership
- Section 1: All people of the universe are free to join Ascension Sims if they have no prior negative history with the group.
- Section 2: All potential members must agree to the rules of membership before their membership begins.
- Section 3: Members are free to be in whatever sim they would like, per approval from the simulation's hosts, given they have completed any requirements for that simulation.
- Section 4: Members may contact the Chief Executive Officer or the Chief Operating Officer to appeal any membership decisions.
- Section 5: Members may also join any other simulation groups without penalty from Ascension Sims.
- Section 6: Members may only miss six weeks of simming within six months. If a simmer misses more than six unexcused sim weeks within these six months, they can be penalized or removed from their simulation. Only simulation game masters may enact this section for members of their simulations. A sim week is characterized as chat simming for a specific week or play by post (Message Board, Email, Nova) simming for a week.
- Section 7: A member may be banned from Ascension Sims if the entirety of the Administration agrees unanimously that the persons continued membership would be detrimental to Ascension Sims.
Article 4: Simulations
- Section 1: Ascension Sims has no authority to change a simulation's concept, roster, or plan of action by hosts or players. Ascension Sims does have the authority to remove a simulation's game masters from their hosting position(s) in regard to the policies in this charter.
- Secton 2: Any member looking to create a game in Ascension Sims may do so by submitting the form found here. The Administration will review the concept and make a decision about the concept. If approved the game will be added to Ascension Sims under a sixty-day probationary period.
- Section 3: An independent game may be added to the group by completing the form located here. Upon submission the Administration will review the information and decide if the game will be a good fit for Ascension Sims. If approved then the game is added to Ascension Sims under a sixty-day probation period.
- Section 4: The Chief Executive Officer may remove a simulation from the group for major infractions by the game masters, inactivity of the game, or other such related problems.
- Section 5: Each game in Ascension Sims must maintain and update a game website. This can be a custom built website or use a content management system such as NOVA. This website must have up to date information about the game including open positions and a member roster.
Article 5: Rules and Policy
- Section 1: A single set of membership rules will apply to all members of the group. The Administration may change and update these rules as needed.
- Section 2: All members must agree to the group rules upon joining.
- Section 3: All rules must be accessible at all times to all members. Changes to rules must be announced to all members.
- Section 4: Policies are created and continually changed to work for the current system of operations. Most of these policies will be in the above articles, but any policies that need to be expanded upon, or edited, may be done so via separate documents.
- Section 5: Any member that has broken a rule or has gone against policy will be dealt with on a case by case basis (no decisions can be made on a group of members). Members have the right to defend their side and appeal to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Section 6: For small infractions, the hosts of the simulation have the right to discipline the member. This may include a warning, restriction on characters, and banning from their sim. When a player is banned from the sim, the Administration is notified.
- Section 7: A host may request further action, outside their sim, to be taken against the member. They may make such a request to the Chief Executive Officer.
Article 6: Intergroup Relations
- Section 1: The Chief Executive Officer holds sole authority in Ascension Sims' dealings with outside entities.
- Section 2: The Chief Executive Officer may elevate any member to the role of Ambassador to assist in representing Ascension Sims to outside entities. Any member elevated to such role will be listed on the staff page.
- Section 3: Ascension Sims may set up agreements with other groups for cooperation and prosperity. The decision to set up and enter these agreements rests with the Chief Executive Officer.
- Section 4: Ascension Sims can at no time use methods to disrupt another simulation group's sovereignty.
- Section 5: Ascension Sims cannot admit a simulation that is a member of another gaming organization. The simulation must be independent before Ascension Sims will allow admittance
- Section 6: Ascension Sims may enter into a large group alliance to represent its interests in the simming community. The decision to enter, or terminate our participation in such alliances will be decided on by the Administration.
- Section 7: If a group outside of Ascension Sims requests admission into Ascension Sims, the Chief Executive Officer will open a dialog with the requesting groups current administration and will work with the rest of Ascension Sims' administration to determine how they will be integrated into the group.
- Section 8: Ascension Sims cannot "declare war" on people, independent sims, or other gaming groups at any time. Ascension Sims cannot participate in any "wars" on the internet and cannot supply aide to any persons or groups that violate the ideals of this charter.
- Section 9: Ascension Sims may participate in joint activites with other groups with permission from the Administration
- Section 10: Ascension Sims may not recruit in or on other sim group's chat rooms or message boards without an agreement between the two groups. Any kind of disruption by a member with a clear association with Ascension Sims in any other sim group's activities will result in disciplinary action on said member, which may include termination of membership.